Reports to: General Manager
The Production Manager’s primary responsibility is oversight of the Mashing, Fermenting, and Distilling operations. Primary objectives are to ensure that production targets are met, quality goals are achieved and implementation of maintenance, projects and process improvement objectives are completed. Leads by example, ensures that safety is forefront with all employees, and supports consistent operations across all production shifts.
- Managing all aspects of operations in the mashing, fermenting and distillation process areas.
- Demonstrates technical leadership providing support and assistance to all process operators.
- Responsible for all raw material inventories and the procurement processes.
- Ensures all employees provide accurate, detailed, documentation throughout the production process.
- Tracks/trends data to analyze performance and deviations, defines/implements improvement strategies.
- Responsible for standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in all areas, ensures every operator follows them.
- Manages process and facility sanitation for all production areas, ensures employees follow GMP’s.
- Manages the performance review process and development activities for all production operators.
- Supports hiring, training, scheduling of employees, identifies cross training opportunities across all areas.
- Supports maintenance of all process equipment to ensure consistent and reliable operations.
- Defines and places orders for parts and misc. materials needed to support the operation.
- Supports capital projects and process improvement goals to progress business objectives.
- Reports safety issues, process deviations or losses, unplanned outage or unexpected discharges to General Manager along with corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Supports and guides all employees with consistent QA practices and responsible taste testing panels.
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with promoting a safe and secure working environment.
- Heavy lifting over 55 lbs.
- 4 year college degree is highly preferred.
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in a brewing, distillation or similar production operation required.
- Strong process operations and mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task and successfully lead a team of employees.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring qualities, one who leads by example and promotes a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge in proper use of PPE, hot work, confined space and chemical handling is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires above average verbal and written communication skills, math and science skills. Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of mashing, fermenting or distillation process operations, have solid organization skills and be detail oriented. Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety procedures such as hot work permitting, confined space entry and hazard communications requirements. Must demonstrate initiative, have a strong mechanical background, be goal and objective oriented, and be able to work cohesively as a team. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
Typical Working Environment:
This position works entirely in a production environment. Shift work may at times be required and willingness to work weekends when requested. Noise, dust, and variable temperature and use of production chemicals are also typical in this work environment. May be required to work and direct in confined spaces.
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com noting the Production Manager position in the subject line.