Position Title: Bottling Supervisor – Proximo Distillers (FT)
Job Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports to: Distillery Operations Manager
Direct Reports Bottling Operators
Position Summary: The Bottling Supervisor primary responsibility is oversight of the whiskey handling, processing, bottling, and bottling staff operations. Primary objectives are to ensure bottling production targets are met, downtime is minimized, production reporting performed, and quality goals are achieved. Leads and develops staff by coaching and directing and ensuring that safety is forefront with all employees.
- Provides leadership, management, and direction to bottling operators and bottling support employees.
- Continual assessment of bottling operations performance, people, and implements tactics to improve.
- Responsible for planning and documenting all dump barrel activities.
- Responsible for receiving and accurately documenting all bulk whiskey deliveries.
- Performs and oversees the filtering and cutting of whiskey.
- Ensures that finished whiskey quality targets are met.
- Responsible for completing accurate documentation and timely reporting of bottling production results.
- Manages Temporary Employee Services to appropriately staff bottling operations on a daily basis.
- Is responsible for monthly physical inventory of all bottling materials
- Manages the procurement of materials to ensure daily bottling operations are not impacted.
- Management of loading, shipping, and finished goods inventory for all bottled product.
- Ensures that all bottling line equipment is well maintained with proper maintenance.
- Continually strives to enhance and improve bottling operations and material storage organization.
- Defines and places orders for parts and materials needed to support the bottling operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of all material storage, bottling tank, bottling line, and bottling shop areas.
- Develops SOP’s and ensures that bottling staff follow all SOP’s and proper GMP’s to the letter.
- Reports safety issues, process deviations, losses, and unplanned downtime to Operations Manager along with corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Supports capital projects and bottling improvement goals to progress business objectives.
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with promoting a safe and secure working environment.
- Works closely with Production Administrator to assist with reporting, inventory and logistical needs.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by Operations Manager.
- Heavy lifting over 55 lbs.
- Minimum High School Diploma, 4 year college degree is highly preferred.
- 1-3 years brewing / distilling / wine making / bottling or manufacturing based production experience.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring qualities, leads by example and promotes a team environment.
- Strong process operations and mechanical ability with problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task and successfully lead and direct a team of employees.
- Thorough knowledge in safety procedure, use of PPE, and safe chemical handling is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires above average verbal and written communication skills as well as math skills. Candidate must have a sound knowledge of production operations, have solid organization skills and be detail oriented. Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety and emergency response procedures. Must have a strong mechanical background, be goal and objective oriented, and be able to cohesively lead a team. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
TYPICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This position works entirely in a production environment. Shift work, overtime, and working weekends will be performed when required. Noise, dust, variable temperature and use of production chemicals are also typical in this work environment. May be required to work and direct in confined spaces.