Position Title: Production Operator – Bottling
Job Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports to: Bottling Supervisor
Direct Reports N/A
Position Summary: This position supports bottling and warehouse operations in the distillery. Responsibilities include dumping barrels, transferring product, bottling line prep, leading bottling crews on bottling days, performing quality checks, materials movements and staging, inventory, and bottling area sanitation.
- Assists Bottling Manager with the processing and preparation of product for bottling.
- Stages equipment and stocks materials for various stations on the bottling line.
- Preparation and operation of all bottling and bottling support equipment.
- Determines and assigns tasks to temporary and volunteer crews prior to bottling operations.
- Assists in the supervision of temporary and volunteer crews.
- Continually monitors bottling operations and adjusts labor accordingly to ensure targets are met.
- Performs quality checks and production checks at predetermined intervals during bottling.
- As directed performs cleaning of general facilities, bottling equipment, and CIP of tanks and lines.
- Is responsible for personal safety, PPE use, communicating safety requirements, and ensuring safety guidelines are followed by bottling crews.
- Responsible to inform supervision of any existing safety issue, bottling deviations, unplanned downtime, and product losses.
- Performs accurate documentation and recording throughout the bottling process.
- Ensures reliable operation of all tanks, pumps, valves and other process equipment in the bottling area.
- Follows all SOP’s, GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), and maintains sanitation in bottling areas.
- Able to safely operate a fork truck and various pallet jacks for unloading and staging materials.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the Bottling Supervisor.
- Heavy lifting over 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and stand for up to 8 hours / day.
- Minimum High School diploma, College degree in Sciences or Industrial Technology is preferred.
- 1-3 years bottling, beverage production, or warehouse experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to follow direction, be a team player, and be a team leader is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment operation, maintenance and troubleshooting is preferred.
- Must have good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and provide accurate documentation.
- Proper use of PPE and Safe chemical handling knowledge is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires above average verbal and written communications skills. Candidate must be able to perform production, quality and inventory calculations using fundamental math skills. Candidate must be detail oriented and demonstrate organization abilities. Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety procedures such as PPE use and hazard communications requirements. Must be goal and objective oriented, and be able to work cohesively as a team. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
Typical Working Environment:
This position works entirely in a production environment. This is primarily a day shift position but candidates must understand that rotational shift work may be required. Must be willing to work weekends when requested. Noise, dust, and variable temperatures are typical in this work environment.
When applying, please submit both a resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!