Maintenance Technician II
Job Description – Proximo Distillers (FT)
Position Title: Maintenance Technician II – Distillery, Bottling and Facility Maintenance
Job Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports to: Distillery Operations Manager / Engineering
Direct Reports NA
Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of production equipment operations and maintenance, have solid organization skills, and be detail oriented. Ability to perform and track all routine and preventive maintenance work to support reliable equipment operations. Initiates and supervises all contract maintenance work.
Primary requirements of the position:
- Comprehensive understanding of production equipment found in a Distillery, Brewery or similar production operation.
- Knowledgeable and confident in performing routine and preventive maintenance work, maintaining production facility infrastructures, and evolving maintenance processes.
- Hands on performs mechanical maintenance tasks, such as inspecting, cleaning, and repairing equipment to detect and prevent repetitive problems.
- Distillery SME in maintaining and repairing centrifugal pumps, compressors, valves, electric motors and other equipment found in production, bottling, and utilities operations.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance on automated equipment used for bottle filling, corking and labeling.
- Maintains and operates boilers, chillers, HVAC systems and all other utilities support equipment.
- Examine work orders and converses with process operators to identify equipment problems, determine corrective actions and schedule repairs.
- Ability to order all replacement parts, plan and organize maintenance work to ensure timely completion and follow-up on assigned tasks.
- Able to develop effective contractor relations and work strategies and have the ability to schedule contractor repairs in a timely manner.
- Experience using specialty hand tools and table top tools as hand and bench grinders, band saws, etc.
- Must be able to multitask, demonstrate a sense of urgency and be familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Maintains equipment records, repair manuals and inventory of spare parts.
- Advise management of downtime issue, equipment performance, and suggestions for improvements.
- Safety oriented and experienced in PPE use, LOTO, and Confined Space Entry.
- Welding experience specifically with MIG and TIG sanitary welding.
- Experience with application of electrical power and control in classified hazardous locations using explosion-proof or intrinsic safety techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate electrical troubleshooting skills specifically related to equipment control, understanding of electrical control diagrams, industrial 3-phase motor control, and software programmable equipment.
- Experience installing and configuring variable frequency drives.
- Experience with principles of operation, calibration and trouble shooting of process instrumentation for flow, temperature, level measurement, etc.
- Current with electrical safety requirements related to Lock-Out/ Tag Out and arc flash.
- Heavy physical requirements: Must be able to lift in excess of 75lbs repeatedly. Must be able to climb into and out of narrow work spaces and work in high areas
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, holidays, OT, etc., when required
- Minimum High School diploma with 5-7 years maintenance experience in an industrial setting required. Candidates with 3-5 years’ experience and certification in related Trade School or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years maintenance experience in production brewing/distilling/wine making is highly preferred.
- Strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Production maintenance background, knowledge of equipment operation and reliability.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and provide accurate documentation.
- Computer skills including use of MS Office platforms (excel, word, etc.)
- Ability to follow direction, work independently and be a team player supporting business operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires above average verbal and written communication skills, math and science skills. Must have a strong mechanical background, be goal and objective oriented, and be able to work cohesively as a team. Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of maintenance activities that support production operations, have solid organization skills and be detail oriented. Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety procedures such as PPE use and confined space entry. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
TYPICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This position works entirely in a production environment. The majority of this work is performed in an industrial environment which contains a variety of conditions and hazards which includes, but is not limited to: proximity to operating equipment, hot and/or dirty environments, and occasionally heavy lifting or movement of equipment parts or supplies. Shift work is required and willingness to work weekends when requested. Noise, dust, and variable temperature and use of production chemicals are also typical in this work environment. May be required to work and direct in confined spaces.
When applying, please submit both a resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!