Marketing and Hospitality Supervisor
Position Title: Marketing and Hospitality Supervisor
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: Visitor Center Staff
The Marketing and Hospitality Supervisor is responsible for the planning, execution, supervision, hospitality, and customer service for all Visitor Center (tour, store, and lounge) operations. This position directly supervises the Visitor Center Staff, the tour program, the cocktail lounge, public events, and private events with support of the Marketing Manager and Visitor Center Administrator. Obligations also include off-site event participation and management as directed by the Marketing Manager.
Distillery Visitor Center (Tour, Store, & Lounge) Operations (80%):
- Hiring, training, and direct management of all Visitor Center staff
- Hands-on leadership in hospitality and service for Visitor Center guests and staff
- Planning, execution and promotion of the Visitor Center marketing plan including achieving key KPI goals
- Continuous improvements to Visitor Center operations to increase guest hospitality and satisfaction
- Developing programs and processes to increase attendance across all Visitor Center programs
- Leadership over specialty events/tours such as trade visits, bottling groups, corporate guests, etc.
- Providing outstanding service while managing the process of customer inquiries and Info@ requests
- Oversee store merchandising and inventory management through the Merchandising Manager
- Monthly analysis of cost and performance reporting of the Visitor Center
- Support of the Marketing Manager through various roles of planning, execution, and promotion
- Proven Leadership, managerial skills and experience in Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, Retail Sales, Venue Planning, or a related discipline required
- Two years in a management or supervisory role required
- Outstanding integrity, communication, interpersonal skills, and dependability required
- Experience in e-commerce and inventory management required
- Experience with inventory systems and POS systems required
- BA Degree in Hospitality Management or related field with math and accounting skills preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines while working on numerous on-going projects
- Microsoft Office expertise required
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and evenings as required
When applying, please submit both a resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!