The bartender/mixologist is responsible for hospitality and customer service for lounge service. Primary duties include making cocktails, engaging with customers about whiskey, serving customers, keeping all lounge areas clean, ringing transactions into the POS system, and opening and closing duties such as cash handling.
Primarily Thursdays – Mondays, 11AM – 10PM for Service.
Tuesdays 12PM – 8PM for Prep & Cocktail Classes
- Two-plus years of lead bartending experience, preferably at an establishment known for craft specialty drinks
- TIPS Certification will be required, if currently not certified
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for an hour and a half at a time, and continuously throughout the day
• Assume 100% responsibility for guests’ experience
• Must have strong leadership and customer service skills
• Maintain excellent service standards for all guests
• Educate guests on the Stranahan’s brand and American Single Malt Whiskey
• Maintain the visual appearance of the lounge area at all times
• Is highly energetic, dynamic, vigilant and attentive
• Professional, punctual, organized, and well communicated
• Enter orders in point of sale system
• Opening and closing duties including accurate inventory of whiskey and barware
• Other responsibilities as dictated by Visitor Center Supervisors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires someone who excels at providing positive guest experiences and has good decision-making abilities as well as strong communication skills. The server should have knowledge of craft whiskey.