Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey is hiring a part-time mixologist!
This exciting opportunity comes as a chance to work with the cocktail program at the lounge of Colorado’s first distillery since prohibition, the #1 Whiskey Bar in America according to Yelp users in 2019, and a leader in the American Single Malt Whiskey industry. Are you a spirits enthusiast or whiskey nerd? Can you shake, mix, and master specialty cocktails with the personality to show it all off? The right person for this position will need to be able to bring to life their cocktail creations in our lounge, cocktail classes, all while chatting it up with our beloved StranaFans or even media and influencers. We are looking for a creative, hardworking, passionate, and detail-oriented individual to bring our premium whiskey to life through our exceptional cocktail lounge and beyond.
Think you have it takes? Apply now with your resume at the link below to be considered for a short cocktail demonstration interview.
Other duties include making cocktails, engaging with customers about whiskey, serving customers, keeping all lounge areas clean, ringing transactions into the POS system, and opening and closing duties such as cash handling.
Primarily Thursdays – Mondays, 11AM – 10PM for Service.
Tuesdays 12PM – 8PM for Prep & Cocktail Classes
- Two-plus years of lead bartending experience, preferably at an establishment known for craft specialty drinks
- TIPS Certification will be required, if currently not certified
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for an hour and a half at a time, and continuously throughout the day
• Assume 100% responsibility for guests’ experience
• Must have strong leadership and customer service skills
• Maintain excellent service standards for all guests
• Educate guests on the Stranahan’s brand and American Single Malt Whiskey
• Maintain the visual appearance of the lounge area at all times
• Is highly energetic, dynamic, vigilant and attentive
• Professional, punctual, organized, and well communicated
• Enter orders in point of sale system
• Opening and closing duties including accurate inventory of whiskey and barware
• Other responsibilities as dictated by Visitor Center Supervisors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires someone who excels at providing positive guest experiences and has good decision-making abilities as well as strong communication skills. The server should have knowledge of craft whiskey.