Taste our newest Distillery Exclusive – NY Rye Cask
04 / 20 / 2022
Whiskey is a blend of art and science. During our 7th annual Cask Thief whiskey festival, you can explore the artistic side of whiskey by sipping our cask finished whiskeys straight from the barrels in which they spent the final few months of their aging process. Because the wooden barrels absorb flavors so well, Head Distiller Owen Martin hand-selects barrels that had previously been used in the production of other liquors like wine, rum, mezcal, and brandy to impart more complex flavors into the Cask Thief whiskeys. The casks he chooses expand the typical Stranahan’s flavor profile into new directions, and they’re available only during this legendary event.
Cask Thief is the most unique event in the whiskey world, where you can explore alongside Colorado’s biggest whiskey lovers and learn more from our staff throughout the event. This year, there are three different session options that you can learn about below.
We’ll have live music playing throughout the distillery and a BBQ dinner is included with the purchase of a ticket (with vegetarian options). We’ll also have a cocktail menu available for purchase from our whiskey mixologists.
Friday, 6/3 from 5PM-9PM
$50 per ticket
*Each member of our Stranahan’s Single Malt Society can buy up to 4 tickets
– Access to the distillery, event area, and private rackhouse from 5pm to 9pm (4-hour experience)
– First to taste directly from six whiskey barrels placed throughout the distillery
– Access to VIP rackhouse for a tasting from an exclusive seventh VIP barrel
– Guaranteed availability to purchase one 375 mL bottle from each of the six barrels, plus the VIP barrel
– Catered BBQ dinner (with vegetarian option)
– Q&A with the Head Distiller followed by meet and greet
– Live music throughout the distillery
Our new Stranahan’s Single Malt Society Membership is a community of whiskey lovers who receive benefits throughout the year, including access to past Stranahan’s favorite whiskeys, exclusive events, and discounts. Learn more below.
STRANAHAN’S SINGLE MALT SOCIETY
Saturday, 6/4 from 12PM-3PM
$70 per ticket
– Access to the distillery and event area from 12pm to 3pm (3-hour experience)
– Tastings directly from six whiskey barrels placed throughout the distillery
– Secure the right to purchase one 375 mL bottle from each of the six barrels
– Catered BBQ lunch (with vegetarian option)
CASK THIEF 2022 TICKETS
Saturday, 6/4 from 5PM-9PM
$100 per ticket
– Access to the distillery, event area, and private rackhouse from 5pm-9pm (4-hour experience)
– Secure the right to purchase one 375 mL bottle from each of the six barrels, plus the VIP barrel
ID will be required for entry, and all attendees must be 21+. All attendees will also be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours.
Cask Thief will be held at the Stranahan’s Denver distillery, with the address of: 200 S Kalamath St, Denver, CO 80223